MPH Contact: Dr. Nolan-Carter
This dual degree prepares the next generation of public health professionals with the knowledge, skills, and competencies for leadership, nationally and globally, in public health education, practice, and research with particular emphasis on the elimination of health disparities.
* Prepare individuals in the promotion of health and the prevention of disease in communities and globally with an emphasis on the needs of vulnerable populations.
* Apply analytical reasoning and research methods to address social, behavioral and environmental determinants of public health.
* Use advance epidemiological methods and biostatistics to examine associations between social, behavioral and environmental factors and disease.
* Use public health research findings for policy development.
MSW/MPH Admissions Requirements:
* Social Work students should apply for the MSW/MPH Dual degree program by April 1st in the first MSW Program Year;
* Submit and pay the MPH online application fee;
* The Application Requires a recommendation that reflect the guidelines for the MPH degree;
* GRE scores required;
* Minimum Cumulative GPA: 3.0;
* Must be in Good Academic Standing in MSW Program with GPA 3.0